Prayer is really a powerful instrument in this world. It can change a great number of things even though it seems impossible at times, it can heal the worst diseases that doctors can’t even cure, it can solve the most complicated problem in this world and…it can make a student pass a Math 17 exam.^^
Just last Tuesday, August 12, we had our second long examination in Math 17. The night before, I prayed hard asking the Lord for guidance and help to make me pass tomorrow’s test. And when the moment of our examination came, my nose began to bleed (this is to be taken figuratively…hehe!). Some questions were tricky while others were really challenging but all problems were totally brain-twisting! As I was answering the test, I still kept on praying saying “Lord, please help me solve this problem”. And as an hour and a half passed, it was finally over.
The following day, my professor showed the solutions of all the problems in the exam on the board. I then started counting the possible correct answers that I had. But to my dismay, my estimation only reached 26/50 which was still a failing grade. I needed at least 4 more points to pass the exam. I suddenly had a sad mood and felt weak for a moment but I still had some hope left deep inside of me, a hope that somehow, my professor might give some considerations that would help pull my score up. I continued to pray asking God to give me a passing grade.
It was Friday when my friend and I went to the
Actually, we still have three long exams, a midterm exam which was taken last Saturday (and again, I am praying to pass it) and a final exam ahead of us. I must not be afraid of what might happen in the future or be worried about the grades I would get as long as I study and really practice a lot, and of course, pray hard.
In this entry of mine, I just want to show how effective prayers really are. Sometimes, we lose our hopes in life and think that there is no more way out. But we must always bear in mind that in times of confusion, in times of great struggles and in times of hopelessness, prayer has the power to change things.

No comments:
Post a Comment